2020 Global SKILup Festival Agenda is Live, New Activities and Speakers Added
Hosted by DevOps Institute, the free virtual festival celebrates the Humans of DevOps throughout a week of activities that focuses on social, professional and educational experiences
BOCA RATON, Fla. – November 11, 2020 – DevOps Institute, a global member-based association for advancing the human elements of DevOps, today announced the agenda is live for the 2020 Global SKILup Festival. To learn more and register to attend the world’s first virtual celebration of the Humans of DevOps, visit (https://devopsinstitute.com/skilup-festival/).
Global SKILup Festival takes place from December 7-11, 2020. The week-long virtual program runs continuously across global time zones. The festival is free and dedicated to improving the lives of the Humans of DevOps. Attendees can advance skills, knowledge, ideas and learning (SKIL) through:
- Career Fair
- Monday, Dec. 7
- Connect with HR and hiring representatives in a networking expo for meeting new people and learning about new career opportunities.
- Get SKIL’d Up!
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 and Wednesday, Dec. 9
- For two days, the Humans of DevOps can dedicate themselves to upskilling with certification courses, workshops, hackathons, live training and labs held in APAC, the Americas and EU time zones. A fee may be associated with some of the programs.
- Get SKIL’d Up DJ Party
- Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 3 p.m. EST
- Celebrate new DevOps skills with fellow Humans of DevOps and great music
- Global SKILup Day
- Thursday, Dec. 10
- A 16-hour conference with back-to-back presentations, panels, games, group discussions and networking opportunities in an expo hall. Global SKILup Day sessions focus on Site Reliability Engineering, DevSecOps, Cloud and Cloud Native, Observability, Continuous Delivery and more.
- SKILup Recap
- Friday, Dec. 11
- The final day of Global SKILup Festival includes regional fireside chats from local SKILup Chapters and activities dedicated to recapping the week.
Global SKILup Festival is sponsored by Rancher, AppDynamics, CircleCI, Moogsoft, Cloudhealth by VMware, Harness, and Epsagon. If you are interested in learning about sponsorship opportunities for the Global SKILup Festival, please contact: CustomerService@DevOpsInstitute.com.
New speakers joining the Global SKILup Festival Program include:
- Ray Elenteny, Solutech Consulting, LLC
- Steve Pereira, CEO at Visible
- Shannon Lietz, Leader and Director, DevSecOps at Intuit
- Tracy Ragan, CEO and Co-Founder of DeployHub
- Siddharth Pareek, Global Practice Lead – DevOps CoE at NatWest
- Mark Solomon, DevOps Practice Director at QA, Ltd.
“2020 is shining a light on humans as a new normal forces many to change how we work, interact and connect with one another. We want to celebrate and appreciate the Humans of DevOps who are doing their part to help mitigate the many challenges presented by the pandemic,” said Jayne Groll, CEO of DevOps Institute. “We are grateful to the tech community for their tireless efforts in helping individuals and organizations adapt. Global SKILup Festival is just one small way for DevOps Institute to honor our member community by coming together and striving for a better tomorrow.”
To connect with and learn from the Humans of DevOps, continue your upskilling journey by becoming a member of DevOps Institute at: https://devopsinstitute.com/membership/.
Share This: It’s almost festival time – come join the fun! From Dec. 7-11, @DEVOPSINST is hosting a week-long, global celebration dedicated to DevOps #upskilling, #career advancement & technical know-how http://www.devopsinstitute.com/skilup-festival/ #SKILupFest
About the DevOps Institute
DevOps Institute is dedicated to advancing the human elements of DevOps success. As a global member-based association, DevOps Institute is the go-to learning hub connecting IT practitioners, education partners, consultants, talent acquisition and business executives to help pave the way to support digital transformation and the New IT.
We help advance careers and support emerging practices within the DevOps community based on a human-centered SKIL framework, consisting of Skills, Knowledge, Ideas, and Learning. All of our work, including accreditations, research, events, and continuous learning programs – is focused on providing the “human know-how” to modernize IT and make DevOps succeed.