More organizations are democratizing software development through no-code solutions that empower anyone to write applications
In today’s fast-paced and digital business world, organizations must revise their goals and processes to achieve digital transformation and remain a viable business.
However, most transformation efforts fail. Recent McKinsey research shows that 70% of complex, large-scale change programs don’t reach their stated goals. For most organizations, the complexity of the technology environment and the inability to swiftly implement necessary changes are major roadblocks.
No-code solutions allow organizations to stay agile and accelerate their strategy execution by empowering power users (or business users) and developers to rapidly develop applications. Such solutions also improve the ability of IT to respond to business demands, shorten time-to-market and accelerate digital transformation.
What Is a No-Code Solution?
A no-code solution mitigates the need for manual programming in application development. Instead of writing lines of code, users can develop applications through simple point-and-click on specific components that can be arranged into logical sequences to create functional and feature-rich applications.
The inherent value no-code software development is it accelerates and democratizes the application development process. With such a solution, your power users can build applications to solve critical business problems and automate tasks to increase productivity.
5 Benefits of No-Code Software Development Solutions
- Reduce the load on IT: As mentioned before, no-code solutions allow business users to build applications without any coding knowledge. By enabling such a change, the solution reduces the burden on the understaffed IT department. Applications to solve business challenges and increase productivity can be built quickly without relying on IT. This in turn allows the IT department to dedicate more time to business-critical apps and projects.
- Accelerate development time: No-code solutions enable business users to take application development into their own hands; they don’t have to wait for their requests to be answered by the IT department. Tasks that used to take months (even years) to complete can now be done in a few hours or days, depending on its complexity. That is the level of acceleration a no-code solution can provide to the application development life cycle.
- Ensure more targeted outcomes: The point-and-click configuration of no-code solutions empowers the business users and developers to quickly build solutions to meet their exact requirements and specifications. Such applications then can be updated on the fly. These aspects are important to keep the business competitive and agile. While a no-code solution allows the development of applications for immediate impact, it can also prove to be cost-efficient in the long run.
- Fight shadow IT: When the IT department is unable to act on the requests of business users, those users start seeking solutions on their own. With the rapid rise of SaaS, they can quickly find an application to meet their needs. However, adopting such applications can lead to security vulnerabilities. A no-code solution enables businesses to eliminate the problem of shadow IT by allowing the business (power) users to develop their solutions to meet specific business needs while enabling IT to centrally control the data and user accesses.
- Enable experimentation without risks: Experimentation is an essential part of digital transformation. No-code solutions allow organizations to test their ideas on a small scale to eliminate the setbacks. It empowers business users to experiment with their ideas, iterate projects efficiently and create solutions that can transform organizations and keep them adaptable to changes in the industry.
To meet the challenges of digital transformation and remain competitive in the marketplace, organizations need to create an environment that enables agility and flexibility of the internal workflows and customer-facing operations. When powered by a comprehensive no-code solution, organizations can create an infrastructure that allows them to transform and innovate faster, which generates new growth opportunities and provides a competitive advantage.