New Exporter Extracts, Filters and Reformats Raw Opsview Monitor Data, in Real Time, for Secure Integration with Splunk Enterprise Security and Other SIEM Tools
BOSTON — August 28, 2019—Opsview, the company that unifies cloud and infrastructure monitoring, today announced availability of the Opsview Monitor Splunk Results Exporter. The new toolkit easily and securely exports high volumes of event data in real time to security information and event management (SIEM) tools including Splunk Enterprise Security. Using Opsview event data, Splunk and other SIEMs are able to identify unusual activity for data breach detection and expose patterns of inefficient cloud resource usage to reveal opportunities for cost savings.
The Opsview Results Exporter offers simple and flexible integration with Splunk, and other SIEM, analytics solutions, only exporting and passing relevant data to Splunk to optimize usage costs. By leveraging an easy-to-use toolkit, users can extract, filter and reformat raw data directly from Opsview Monitor’s event bus and forward it via HTTP to the target SIEM. Users have the power to filter and reformat data flexibly prior to egress to optimize both analytics and storage consumption. Key benefits include:
- Generates multiple outputs in parallel, each with its own custom field mapping and filtering so several use cases can be supported at once.
- Reformats and filters data for each output method and requirements including the ability to flexibly define specific fields.
- Gracefully supports common interfaces including REST and Syslog.
- Flexibly enables use of custom tooling for use cases the require tools such as filebeat for ELK or custom scripts.
- Tested for real-world Splunk readiness including use with Splunk Cloud, Splunk Enterprise and environments that use Splunk Forwarders, with particular adherence to the use of https for optimal security.
The Opsview Results Exporter is an ideal solution for adding sophisticated security, network traffic-shaping, cost analytics and other operational enhancements in a secure and non-disruptive way. The Opsview Monitor is a comprehensive, best-of-breed monitoring tool designed to provide unified insight across IT operations on-premises, in the cloud or hybrid. When used with the Opsview Results Exporter for Splunk, it gives IT operations teams the ability to search and analyze rich IT events and metrics, using pre-built heuristics and machine learning to expose security issues, inefficiencies, utilization errors and other opportunities to optimize IT spend.
Opsview provides unified insight into dynamic IT operations on-premises, in the cloud or hybrid. Opsview is a modern, scalable monitoring platform that enables digital transformation. Opsview is trusted by hundreds of businesses, government organizations and service providers globally. Customers include Sky, Cisco, IBM, Comcast, Telefónica, PayPal, BT, Norfolk Southern, CIT, Fujitsu, HMRC and AAA. To find out more, visit www.opsview.com.