SphereEx launched an enterprise-level pluggable data service enhancement platform: SphereEx DB-Plus-Suite V1.0 Business Suite, which includes SphereEx-Boot, SphereEx-Console, and SphereEx DB Plus Engine. The Business Suite is designed to provide enterprises with a one-stop solution that includes installation, deployment, O&M monitoring, and plugin management for SphereEx DB-Plus-Engine clusters, and provide efficient, flexible and comprehensive management capabilities for enterprises.
Installation and deployment: SphereEx-Boot
SphereEx-Boot is the ideal solution to install and manage a variety of cluster management tools.
SphereEx-Boot V1.0 is a Python-developed command line tool for easy management of SphereEx DB Plus Engine-Proxy clusters, providing significant usability and compatibility improvements.
- In terms of usability, SphereEx-Boot provides an offline installation mode that allows users to install and deploy products in an offline environment with a single command.
- In terms of compatibility, SphereEx-Boot supports the installation of Prometheus, allowing for the easy monitoring of SphereEx’s product components.
In the context of the growing Apache ShardingSphere ecosystem, SphereEx-Boot manages many components within the SphereEx DB Plus Engine ecosystem, and acts as a cluster management tool in enterprise production environments.
Data management and control: SphereEx-Console
SphereEx-Console, a data visualization platform for the management and control of the SphereEx enterprise data services platform, provides a user-friendly experience. It’s integrated into a solution including resources, instances, plugins and more to provide a one-stop user experience with SphereEx DB Plus Engine at its core.
The newly released SphereEx-Console V1.0 further expands product capabilities in terms of cluster adaptation, DistSQL (Distributed SQL), and visualization.
- Cluster management: SphereEx-Console can manage the SphereEx DB-Plus-Engine cluster with one click and seamlessly access users’ existing platforms, significantly improving product compatibility.
- DistSQL: SphereEx-Console fully supports DistSQL for its operation, enabling users to create and bind various kinds of tables – greatly improving usability for DBAs.
- Visualization: SphereEx-Console V1.0 enables users to customize monitoring indicators and interface management visualization.
SphereEx-Console, a SphereEx business data services cluster platform centered on managing Apache ShardingSphere, simplifies user configuration, operation and deployment processes. Lowering entry barriers for beginners while solving enterprise management and control pain points, it delivers enhanced operation & management to enterprises.
Enterprise-level data services enhancement engine: SphereEx DB Plus Engine
SphereEx DB Plus Engine is is an enterprise data service platoform, built with Apache ShardingSphere at its core. In addition to ShardingSphere’s functionality, DB Plus Engine provides features such as enterprise security, high performance clusters, high availability clusters and more. It consists of two products, SphereEx DB Plus Engine-Driver and SphereEx DB Plus Engine-Proxy, to be deployed in combination or independently.
The newly released SphereEx DB Plus Engine-Proxy V1.0 focuses on updating capabilities in encryption and decryption, dual routing, and user privileges.
• Data encryption and decryption: supports user-defined data types.
• Dual routing: JDBC and Proxy integration based on dual routing capability.
User privilege management:
• Adds a new login mode: LDAP authentication.
• Adds role management.
• Adds table-level privilege control.
• Adds column-level privilege control.
• User privileges can be changed online.
Both SphereEx DB Plus Engine-Driver and SphereEx DB Plus Engine can provide standardized data scale-out, distributed transactions and distributed governance capabilities — applicable to Java isomorphic & heterogeneous languages scenarios, and cloud native environments.
The SphereEx Business Suite will continue following the Database Plus design concept for distributed database systems, to build an ecosystem on top of fragmented, heterogeneous databases to scale and enhance original database computing capabilities. The interaction between applications and databases will be oriented to the standard of Database Plus, minimizing database fragmentation on upper-layer services, achieving the three core goals of Database Plus: Connect, Enhance and Pluggable.
The “cloud” is a key technology development trend for SphereEx. Today, cloud native has become key to hosting large-scale applications and mastering the future of technology. SphereEx will actively adapt to the data needs of cloud native scenarios, bringing cloud native databases closer to users and providing enterprises with flexible and efficient cloud data governance to accelerate their transition from on-premise to cloud.
Official website: https://www.sphere-ex.com/