DALLAS – November 29, 2018 –Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global leader in cybersecurity solutions, today demonstrated the strength of its relationship with Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) through integration with technology, the channel and workforce diversity.
“A strong alignment with AWS has contributed to businesses increasingly choosing Trend Micro to protect hybrid cloud environments,” said Kevin Simzer, chief operating officer, Trend Micro.“We proudly reported a 69 percent year on year growth in our cloud business across all platforms this last quarter, which let us punch through our goal of securing over 3 million hybrid cloud workloads.”
“Trend Micro is quick to leverage new features in AWS Marketplace to simplify and accelerate secure customer application migrations. Together we have a common vision to innovate the automation of software procurement via AWS Marketplace for Containers,” said Dave McCann, Vice President, AWS Marketplace Service Catalog and Migration Services, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “With over 200,000 active buyers on AWS Marketplace, we’re continuing to focus on making it easier for organizations to find the solutions that can help them innovate on AWS and meet their growing business needs.”
Trend Micro is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Launch Partner on the following programs launched at AWS re:Invent 2018:
- AWS Container Competency: Trend Micro has achieved AWS Container Competency status. Criteria included having two strong customer references and meeting a strict set of requirements, collectively reinforcing Trend Micro’s leadership role in container security and demonstrating proven success with AWS customers. This is validated by 20 percent of Trend Micro’s enterprise hybrid cloud security customers already securing their containers with the company’s technology.
- AWS Container Marketplace: AWS announced support for software products built on Docker containers. As an APN Advanced Technology Partner, Trend Micro is extending its solutions in AWS Marketplace with its automated build-time and container image registry scanning. This will detect vulnerabilities and malware prior to deployment, helping customers reduce threats and risk early in the CI/CD pipeline with frictionless security.
- AWS Security Hub: Trend Micro can now send key security events to the new AWS Security Hub. AWS Security Hub is designed to provide users with a comprehensive view of their high-priority security alerts and compliance status by aggregating, organizing, and prioritizing alerts, or findings, from multiple AWS services, such as Amazon GuardDuty, Amazon Inspector, and Amazon Macie as well as from other APN security solutions. The findings are then visually summarized on integrated dashboards with actionable graphs and tables. This will allow Trend Micro users to gain a stronger security posture while accomplishing more with less.
- AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Private Offers: Trend Micro is an APN Launch Partner of a new program that will benefit its channel partners. The program allows an AWS Marketplace customer and an AWS Marketplace ISV to negotiate custom price and end user licensing agreement (EULA) terms for a software purchase. The result will help the channel accelerate cloud migrations and streamline technology procurement and deployment.
- Trend Micro Gender Diversity Program supported by AWS: Trend Micro expanded its diversity initiative by launching a campaign to reduce the gender gap within the IT and cybersecurity workforce. This Close the Gap initiative is supported by AWS who co-hosted 30 young women of Girls in Tech, who otherwise might not be able to attend re:Invent 2018. Trend Micro sponsored a number of other initiatives including the AWS diversity track reception.
Since 2012, Trend Micro has been dedicated to safeguarding customers’ cloud environments. This leadership has led to a close relationship with AWS, which is confirmed by Trend Micro being an APN Advanced Technology Partner, an AWS Security Competency Partner, an AWS Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Partner, an AWS Government Competency Partner, and an AWS Marketplace seller.
To find out more, please visit www.trendmicro.com/aws.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in cybersecurity solutions, helps to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Our innovative solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments provide layered security for data centers, cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints. All our products work together to seamlessly share threat intelligence and provide a connected threat defense with centralized visibility and investigation, enabling better, faster protection. With over 6,000 employees in 50 countries and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to secure their connected world. For more information, visit www.trendmicro.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.