With a Series A Led by Canvas Ventures, BMW i Ventures, and Sorenson Ventures, Vendia Tackles Dispersed Data with Serverless Distributed Data Platform for Sharing Code and Data Across Clouds and Companies
San Francisco-February 3, 2021 — Vendia, a serverless, distributed data and code sharing platform, today announced a $15.5M Series A funding round and launched Vendia Share™ with a free tier for developers. The Series A round, which comes only six months after its initial $5.1M seed round, was led by Canvas Ventures with participation from BMW i Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, and Vendia’s seed stage investors.
Data silos are pervasive within companies, and sharing that data in real time with external partners is even more difficult. Vendia makes sharing real time data and code with partners easy and well-governed, at any scale, by bringing serverless and distributed ledger concepts together into a simple, schema-driven development approach. Customers such as BMW, Best Friends Animal Society, United Natural Foods, Inc., and a leading travel industry company use Vendia to build solutions spanning multi-party supply chains, logistics tracking, financial settlements, and to share data powering AI/ML, Edge, and Internet of Things applications with compliance and control.
Getting started with Vendia is easy, and a one week proof-of-value can demonstrate the ease with which a custom data model can be turned into a production-grade, multi-party solution.
Share and Verify Data Across Parties and Accounts with Vendia Share™
Vendia is opening its powerful data and code sharing platform to all developers today at no cost, making multi-region, multi-account, multi-owner distributed applications on AWS as quick and easy as creating a new database table. Developers can use Vendia Share to build applications that allow multiple clients to query, update, and share data in real time with transactional semantics, even when they span accounts, regions, owners, or technology stacks.
Vendia Share further simplifies application development with built-in support for web and mobile applications through automatically generated GraphQL APIs, fine-grained authorization and identity solutions out of the box, and code-free integration support for AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, Amazon S3, and other cloud services. To start building modern applications now, visit www.vendia.net/developers.
Vendia was founded by Dr. Tim Wagner, formerly General Manager and creator of Lambda at AWS, and Shruthi Rao, formerly Head of Business Development for Blockchain at AWS. With its Series A investment, Vendia is now fast tracking its go-to-market strategies, opening new sales channels, and growing its engineering teams to expand the Vendia platform to additional cloud service providers, including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Tim Wagner, CEO and Cofounder, Vendia: “Developers have struggled to build applications that can span multiple regions and accounts and that can keep application data consistent, versioned, and well governed over time. With this latest round, we’re looking forward to accelerating the development of the Vendia platform and growing our engineering team to give developers and customers an effortless way to share data across multiple parties with fine-grained control and a single source of truth.”
- Grace Isford, Investor, Canvas Ventures. “Fortune 500 companies are struggling to share data across internal siloes, let alone share data securely. An increasing pace of regulatory requirements adds further complexity, with nearly 80% of business data living outside of an organization’s four walls. After scouring the DataOps landscape, we were impressed by Vendia’s turn-key data-sharing solution, enabling organizations to share data immutably at scale—with just a few lines of code. AWS powerhouses Tim Wagner (Lambda’s founder) and Shruthi Rao (Managed Blockchain) have joined forces to build a state-of-the-art serverless-blockchain platform that is poised to be the new standard for data sharing.”
- Kasper Sage, Partner at BMW i Ventures: “The automotive industry, including BMW relies heavily on partners for flawless execution. A shared view of data between partners is critical for responding to market changes such as Covid. The beauty of Vendia’s technology is that it combines the scalability of serverless computing with the security of distributed ledger technology. This means enterprises can build a data exchange system that scales with whatever project they are working on while ensuring full control over access to their data. Vendia will truly usher in the next generation of data exchange and collaboration across corporate partners.”
- Angie Embree, CIO, Best Friends Animal Society: “Ending the killing in US animal shelters by the end of 2025 is our goal at Best Friends Animal Society. To effectively care for shelter pets and find them forever homes, the animal welfare community needs reliable, trustworthy, and real-time data. We are now able to build applications that return more lost pets to their families, know where shelters might euthanize for space and help them by moving those animals, and easily exchange mission critical data among organizations and between applications using Vendia’s platform.”
- John Matz, Managing Principal, Matz Collaborative Architects, Inc: “Successful design projects depend on the effective collaboration of a diverse project team assimilating intense volumes of design information from a wide variety of sources. Vendia automates these processes while adding document and revision tracking, all within a new collaborative workspace shared by the entire project team. We expect this platform to dramatically reduce manual reconciliation work and create much-needed visibility for the Architecture and Construction industry.”
- Vendia Website
- Vendia Share Developer Preview
- 1 Week Proof of Value Signup
- Developer Preview Blog Article
- Vendia Share Developer Docs
- Upcoming Webinars
Vendia provides multi-cloud services that make it easy for organizations to share real time data and code across clouds, companies, and regions for data integration, financial settlement, ML training, transaction processing, supply chain solutions and more. Vendia was founded by Dr. Tim Wagner, formerly General Manager and creator of AWS Lambda at AWS, and Shruthi Rao, formerly Head of Business Development for Amazon Managed Blockchain at AWS. The company is based in San Francisco and has raised $20.6M in funding led by BMW i Ventures, Canvas Ventures, Neotribe Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, and other leading investors. To learn more about Vendia visit www.vendia.net.