Traditional IT administration and management techniques are reforming. By employing artificial intelligence (AI), IT operations are taking an interesting turn in the field of advancements. The term “AIOps” stands for Artificial Intelligence for the IT Operations. AIOps uses AI techniques and algorithms to monitor the data as well as reduce the blackout times. The dominance of digital businesses is introducing technological changes in their operations to streamline them and eliminate the overhead of traditional operational management.
Digital companies are generating abundant and information-rich data whose analysis and monitoring do not demand delays. From data collection to storage and data processing to analysis, all operations need to be frictionless to deal with them in an efficient manner. In the last couple of years, the AIOps market has exploded which is ultimately achieving the goal of reducing delays in problem-solving and identification.
Paving the Road to AIOps
The story starts with the need of AIOps and digital transformations. Cloud adoption and the shift toward other digital technologies are revamping the IT industry. It also includes the adoption of innovative solutions in the IT operations to make them frictionless. The technologies that are widely used in IT operations vary from AI to machine learning, big data to Internet of Things (IoT) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for various use-cases to edge computing. All these innovations are penetrating into IT operations making them more smooth and sleek.
AIOps platforms enhance and automate IT operations, using the following different approaches:
- Using machine learning algorithms and neural networks for better analysis of gathered data. The data is gathered using IoT devices and tools connected with the source and sending data to the cloud for storage.
- The system automatically interprets if something is wrong in the operations. The errors are detected and solved immediately without introducing delays in the operations that are dependent on each other to complete.
- Reducing human power by automating the processes that include the effort of individuals.
Components of AIOps
The two basic components of AIOps that accelerate innovation in IT operations are machine learning and big data. Instead of spending human effort and time into cleaning, processing and analysis of the raw data collected from different platforms, IT operations are able to do all the tasks by employing machine learning algorithms and techniques to judge the nature of data and deduce necessary information from it.
Factors Boosting the Emergence of AIOps
AI is a promising technology that holds the confidence of building applications that can help the IT community. AI provides options for reliability, scalability and generic tools that can be deployed to promote the IT operations and boost them without utilizing human power.
Factors boosting digital transformation in the IT industry:
- Complex IT Infrastructure: Its operations face many challenges regarding data management and infrastructure. Manual IT operations are becoming harder to handle such as data collection, processing, cloud management, database efficiency, third-party management tools and SaaS integrations. Complexity management is a task that needs proper attention and the environment to deal in a better way.
- Handling Abundant Data: IoT technology is penetrating rapidly at an industrial level. IoT devices produce an abundant amount of data. Handling this much data is not the job of individuals. Therefore, by using AI-based algorithms the data is interpreted and analyzed. The performance is monitored using efficient algorithms.
- Increased Computing Power: The networking infrastructure has become robust. Therefore the IT industry is in dire need to enhance the processing speed also. By deploying IT solutions that harness AI and machine learning technologies, the computational power of the system can be increased.
Enterprises Using AIOps
The IT companies that are complex and large to which human power is not enough for overall operations are using AIOps to automate the tasks.
The adoption of technology has a huge impact on the success of IT companies:
- Development Teams: Companies that have a DevOps model and struggle to manage the roles between the organization are using AI and other innovative technologies to smoothen their processes. With this, developers increase the responsiveness, agility and clarity in the IT operations.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud computing has a big future. The companies store their huge data in the cloud and all the operations related to cloud data management need to streamline, as it has its own challenges. Therefore, to make the processes flow without errors and monitor the access, there needs to be automation.
- Digital Transformation: Companies around the world are all active in adopting technology solutions. Whether it is a fintech, travel, healthcare or e-commerce company, all businesses are automating their processing by first digitizing them and providing the user’s facility of utilizing applications based on newly emerged technologies. Information handling can be done by making operations handled by robotics and blockchain technology. AIOps removes friction from the IT operations.