VIENNA & SEATTLE – August 24 2016 — Automic Software, the leader in Business Automation, today announced new capabilities to its release automation product to enable continuous delivery for Informatica PowerCenter. Customers can now automate data integration and processing into their application production deployment pipelines.
As organizations move toward digital transformation, the need for fast and agile data management across systems increases. Data is a critical component of not only business intelligence, but also for many development and test stages within the application lifecycle. However, testing often requires specific types and amounts of data, which are not readily available from production. As a result, data must be transformed, aggregated and loaded into the test database before certain tests can begin to run.
Automic has enhanced its Release Automation product with a new action pack for Informatica PowerCenter that ensures data is available at each stage of the development lifecycle (development, testing and production) to increase agility of the entire development-test and release process.
Key features of the new Automic Action Pack for Informatica PowerCenter include:
- Adds an out-of-the-box integration point to Informatica and enables users to include creation, execution and rollback of Informatica interactions as an integral part of the application release automation model
- New built-in Automic actions (including domains, repositories, integration services, repository services and administration console) increase agility of development-test and release process by supporting automation of sophisticated workflows within Informatica PowerCenter
- Ensures that any Informatica activity (as part of a deployment or stand alone) is always available for monitoring and all outputs are kept in context for debugging and compliance needs
Availability and pricing:
The Automic action pack for Informatica PowerCenter is available for immediate download, free of charge for all Automic Release Automation customers in the Automic marketplace. Pricing is on demand for non-Automic Release Automation customers.
“Even though data is front and center of any and all applications, too often it is overlooked when it comes to the development and test stages of the application lifecycle. In fact, data preparation for testing is frequently the weak spot of deployments,” said Chris Boorman, CMO, Automic Software. “Automic’s new Informatica action pack enables customers to automate Informatica PowerCenter and ensure that needed data flows into and out of the environment exactly at the right stage and ensure continuous delivery.”
- Automic Website
- Informatica PowerCenter Action Pack
- Automic Release Automation
- Automic Marketplace
- Automic Blog
- Latest News
- Join the Conversation
- Join us on LinkedIn
Automic, the leader in business automation, helps enterprises drive competitive advantage by automating their IT and business systems – from on-premise to the Cloud, Big Data and the Internet of Things. With offices worldwide, Automic powers over 2,700 customers including Bosch, Netflix, eBay, AMC Theatres, Carphone Warehouse, ExxonMobil, Vodafone, Société Générale, NHS SBS, General Electric and Swisscom. More information can be found at www.automic.com.