Change Agents From GE Capital, InterContinental Hotels Group, Target, and Yahoo Join DevOps Luminaries Rachel Chalmers, Jez Humble, Adam Jacob, and Gene Kim to Address the Chef Community
Conference to Feature More Than 55 Presentations on DevOps Best Practices, Continuous Delivery, and Chef Skills
BMC Software, Citrix, Google, IBM, Rackspace, and VMware Among Leading Technology Providers Sponsoring #ChefConf 2014
SEATTLE, WA–(Marketwired – Feb 12, 2014) – Chef™, the leader in IT automation, today released the agenda for #ChefConf 2014, taking place at the Hyatt Embarcadero in San Francisco, April 15-17, 2014. #ChefConf 2014 is the largest, most vibrant gathering of New IT and DevOps practitioners, featuring three days of inspired discussions, collaborative presentations, technical training, and hands-on labs focused on automating business to hyperspeed. Register now to take advantage of early bird pricing for #ChefConf.
Executives and change agents from Fortune 1000 companies including GE Capital, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Target, and Yahoo will be addressing the Chef community, while major technology providers BMC Software, Citrix, Google, IBM, Rackspace, and VMware will be joined by innovators like 2nd Watch, Creationline, Digital Ocean, ElasticBox, Engine Yard, Fastly, New Context, PagerDuty, Perforce, Sococo, and more in sponsoring the epicenter of DevOps for 2014 and beyond. The conference will bring together more than 1,000 Awesome Chefs to inspire, enable, and automate businesses of all sizes to deliver better faster.
“Technology is now the primary route to market for every business, making DevOps and automation critical components of delivering a better customer experience,” said Adam Jacob, CTO, Chef. “ChefConf is the prime gathering place for defining how an entire generation of businesses delight customers. It’s going to be fun.”
#ChefConf 2014 is the definitive assembly for the tens of thousands-strong Chef community. The conference will feature talks from IT leaders representing some of the most dynamic companies and thinking in the world. Confirmed speakers include:
- Justin Arbuckle, Global Chief Architect, GE Capital
- Rachel Chalmers, Principal, Ignition Partners
- Jeffrey Einhorn, Infrastructure Strategy and Architecture, Target
- Jez Humble, Principal, ThoughtWorks
- Gene Kim, Author, “The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, & Helping Your Business Win”
- Jordan Dea-Mattson, Chef De Cuisine, Infrastructure, and Jer Wuenschel, Sous Chef, Continuous Delivery, Yahoo
- James Prolizo, Director of Mobile and Installed Applications Delivery, IHG
#ChefConf will also feature a diverse range of track sessions including:
- The Speed of Automation – Share techniques and best practices for using Chef to gain extreme business velocity.
- Helping Others Get Their Chef Skills Up to Speed – Help those new to the Chef Community get acquainted with the basics and build Chef skills.
- Team Up, Speed Up – Working ‘across the aisle’ and instituting DevOps principles is key to achieving the speed of the new IT. But it’s not easy. Hear lessons learned in real-world Chef deployments and acquire strategies, insights, and guidelines for bringing people together in the name of faster delivery.
- Warpspeed with Chef – Go deep into the potential of the Chef platform with advanced sessions dedicated to the most technical and complex of Chef capabilities.
Full information on the #ChefConf 2014 presentation schedule can be found here.
In addition to the compelling conference schedule, Chef is also hosting intensive workshops and training on Tuesday, April 15, including:
- Introduction to Chef – Managing Linux
- Introduction to Chef – Managing Windows
- Chef – Intermediate Topics
- Team Workflows with Chef
- Testing Your Automation Code
- Introduction to Kanban for Operations & DevOps
- Awesome Postmortems
- Git and Github Foundations
- Intermediate and Advanced Git and Github Tips and Tricks
- Ruby for Chefs
For all the details on #ChefConf 2014 workshops and trainings, please go here.
Also on April 15, New Context will be hosting the annual #ChefConf Hack Day. More information can be found here.
Chef Community Growth Surges, Transforming IT Skills-Base
The Open Source Chef community is growing more than 200 percent year over year. There are millions of Chef downloads, hundreds of thousands of monthly Chef cookbookdownloads, and thousands of individual contributors. With tens of thousands of registered users contributing code and solving IT challenges every day, the Chef community is building a new generation of skilled automation professionals who are changing the way businesses create, develop, and deliver technology.
Take advantage of the only opportunity to directly connect with the Chef community’s momentum by signing up for one of the conference’s tremendous sponsorship opportunities. Please go here for more information.
Registration is $1,100 for Early Bird pricing, running through February 28, for the April 15-17 conference, which includes the plenary sessions and five full tracks of deeply technical content. Registration is also available for the technical workshops on Wednesday, April 15. Rooms are available at the Hyatt Embarcadero for a discounted rate.
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Read the Chef blog
- Follow Chef on Twitter @getchefdotcom
We are Chef — the leader in IT automation. We give you a model for automating IT infrastructure and applications that drive self-reliance across your development and operations teams. We are the Chef community. We are tens of thousands strong. We are helping your businesses become faster, safer and more flexible, so you win in today’s 24×7 digital economy. Join our movement today. www.getchef.com