Software Delivery Management solves the most challenging problems for organizations – continuously delivering software efficiently across all teams, tools and technologies while integrating wider business functions
DEVOPS WORLD | JENKINS WORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – AUGUST 14, 2019 – CloudBees®, the enterprise DevOps leader powering the continuous economy, today gave DevOps World | Jenkins World attendees an advance look at the emerging category of Software Delivery Management (SDM). At the same time, the company demonstrated an early preview of its CloudBees SDM Platform along with its Product Hub and Value Stream Management modules. CloudBees also announced access to an early preview program that will enable attendees to start to adopt SDM. The CloudBees solution will uniquely integrate CloudBees’ advanced DevOps capabilities with new features designed to create the industry’s first end-to-end SDM system.
While most DevOps teams have made significant strides through the implementation of CI/CD and application release orchestration (ARO) automation to power software delivery, many organizations still operate with siloed development and delivery teams that are disconnected from broader business functions. Disparate and disconnected tools and processes within, across and beyond the DevOps tool chain also get in the way of the organization treating software delivery as a core business process and enabling value creation efforts to create maximum business impact. CloudBees is responding to this challenge by introducing a set of capabilities to support SDM. The capabilities bi-directionally tie together all artifacts, data and events across an organization’s DevOps tool chain into a unified system of record. Doing so enables meaningful collaboration between all teams through universal insights, common connected processes, workflows and governance to truly develop and deliver software at an elite level.
The key pillars of SDM are:
- ALL FUNCTIONS COLLABORATING – All functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization work together to amplify value creation efforts.
- UNIVERSAL INSIGHTS – Visibility and insights enable understanding and continuous learning from data across, up-and-down and throughout all functions in the organization.
- COMMON CONNECTED PROCESSES – Processes orchestrate software delivery and connect functions together to efficiently bring ideas to market with maximum value and adoption.
- COMMON DATA – All information within and around software delivery activity is captured and stored with a consistent domain model to enable and facilitate connected processes, shared insights and collaboration.
At DevOps World | Jenkins World today, CloudBees announced availability of a preview program for its Cloudbees SDM Platform, along with the Product Hub and Value Stream Management modules, and demonstrated some of the new, integrated capabilities that CloudBees will offer to support SDM, including:
- Product Hub – a central place for integrated visibility and orchestration of all data, resources, development and delivery activity around products
- Policy Engine – to provide a flexible, general purpose policy and rules engine with automated suggestions allowing alerting and enforcement to support scenarios ranging from team-based continuous improvement to regulatory compliance
- Efficiency dashboard – to support continuous product team improvement and retrospectives
- Contributions dashboard – to give developers and other product team members unique insights into work prioritization and blockers
- Real-time value stream management – to provide immediate visibility and awareness into feature and contribution status and value delivery blockages
- Integrated feature flag management – to enable policy-driven progressive delivery and rollout control based on business and operational metrics
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the CI, CD and application release orchestration (ARO) powerhouse, built on the commercial success of its products as well as its open source leadership. CloudBees is the largest contributor to Jenkins and Jenkins X, and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500 depend on CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom. CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts, helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.