We are proud to announce the 2018 DevOps Dozen finalists. When we first launched four years ago, I hoped the DevOps Dozen would grow into an award that really did recognize the best of the best in the maturing DevOps space.
This year, there is no doubt in my mind that the finalists really are unsurpassed in DevOps. In fact, the whole process of nominations was open to the public for selections of finalists; the judges and the criteria really do represent our best efforts.
Congratulations to each and every one of the finalists in the 12 categories. It is quite an accomplishment to make it this far into the process. Whether you’re chosen as a winner or not, you should be proud to be part of such an impressive list.
Since the nomination process was opened, our team has gone through thousands of votes to pick out the finalists in each category. It was not an easy task, as we couldn’t automate (DevOps) it—we had to do it by hand. Many thanks to the everyone here at DevOps.com for doing this.
The next step in the process is for the finalists in each category to submit background info, which will be passed onto our panel of judges. The, the judges will pick the winners of this year’s DevOps Dozen. The 12 (it is the DevOps DOZEN, after all) winners will be announced right after the new year.
Here are your finalists:
Category 1 – Best DevOps Open Source Project
Category 2 – Best DevOps Commercial Solution
- CloudBees Core
- Electric Cloud, Electric Flow
- JFrog, Artifactory
- XebiaLabs, Enterprise DevOps
Category 3 – Best DevOps Solution Provider Exec
Category 4 – Best DevOps Solution Provider
Category 5 – Most Innovative DevOps Solution of the Year
- CA Brightside
- CloudBees DevOptics
- Compuware Topaz
- Datical Database Release Automation
- JFrog Enterprise Platform
Category 6 – Top DevOps Evangelist
- Anders Wallgren, Electric Cloud
- Baruch Sadogursky, JFrog
- Brian Dawson, CloudBees
- Chris O’Malley, Compuware
- Eran Kinsbruner, Perfecto
- Mirco Hering, Accenture
- Robert Reeves, Datical
Category 7 – Best DevOps Transformation
Category 8 – DevOps Transformation Leader
Category 9 – Best New DevOps Solution Company
Category 10 – Best DevOps Book/ebook
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps
- Building Cloud Native Apps Painlessly – The Prescriptive Guide to Kubernetes and Jenkins X
- Continuous Testing for DevOps Professionals: A Practical Guide From Industry Experts
- DevOps Done Right
- DevOps For The Modern Enterprise: Winning Practices to Transform Legacy IT Organizations
- Liquid Software: How to Achieve Trusted Continuous Updates in the DevOps World
- The Kitty Hawk Venture: A Novel About Continuous Testing in DevOps to Support Continuous Delivery and Business Success
Category 11 – Best DevOps Presentation
- Real World SLOs and SLIs: A Deep Dive
- Architecting Your App and Your Pipeline for Continuous Delivery – 10 DO’s for Successful DevOps
- A Story of DevOps Transformations
- Project to Product: Practical Realities at a Large Scale Enterprise
- Achieving AI-Drive IT Operations
Category 12 – Best DevOps.com Article
- The Impact of DevOps and Continuous Testing in 2018
- Spring Cleaning 101: Polishing Up Your DevOps Processes
- Speed and Security Can Coexist in Mainframe DevOps
- Continuous Discussions, Episode 90: Gene Kim and DOES18 Speakers
- 5 Things That Will Be Automated in 2018
Thanks to everyone who voted and nominated candidates. Good luck to all of the finalists!
Stay tuned and, as always, thanks for supporting DevOps.com and the rest of the MediaOps family of communities. If you have questions, please write us DD@devops.com. Also if you want to be included in next years DevOps Dozen awards you need to subscribe to DevOps.com and look for announcements next September.