The great thing about conferences is they can be hotbeds of learning: keynote presentations, seminars, one-on-one sessions, networking … the list goes on. The drawback, however, is the travel: delayed flights, the dreaded middle seat on the airplane, lost luggage, jet lag … the list goes on. That’s why virtual conferences are now my first choice: All the of the learning, none of the hassle.
MediaOps—the company behind DevOps.com, Container Journal, Security Boulevard, DevOpsTV and more—and CA Technologies have teamed to present a free virtual summit chock full of information and education for the DevOps professional presented in a virtual reality environment. DevOps Experience is a true virtual conference, replete with theaters to view the keynotes and presentations, a conference lobby to chat and socialize and a virtual trade show floor with virtual exhibitor stands equipped with video, downloads and even schwag for attendees. And did I mention it’s free?
DevOps Experience will feature keynotes from a lineup of DevOps luminaries including:
- Gene Kim, CTO, researcher and co-author of “The Phoenix Project” and “The DevOps Handbook,” and founder of IT Revolution
- Nicole Forsgren, founder and CEO at DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA)
- Alan Shimel, editor in chief and founder of DevOps.com and Security Boulevard, and
- Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of Global Marketing DevOps at CA Technologies and author of “DevOps for Digital Leaders” and “The Kitty Hawk Venture”
In addition, DevOps Experience will include a number of Spotlight Sessions with topics designed to provide even greater value to attendees. Sessions include:
- The Accelerate State of DevOps Report
- Delivering DevOps Practices for Mainframe
- Women in DevOps Panel
- DevSecOps, Why the Time is Now
DevOps Experience is scheduled to be held Sept. 20 at a computer or mobile device near you. Visit the website for more information or to register for this daylong event. Registration—which is free, by the way—also includes access to the event on-demand.