DevOps Institute recently announced a new Open Testing program that removes the requirement of formal training to take one of its extensive portfolio of DevOps certifications. This approach is similar to those of other major certification programs in the market today.
Make no mistake: We still strongly believe that the structured training offered by our Global Education Partners is the best learning experience for the individual and the organization. The dynamics of the classroom encourages dialogue among learners and, particularly in a corporate setting, promote better empathy and collaboration among teams. However, we also understand that today’s Humans of DevOps may learn in many ways from many sources.
Some of you may scoff at certifications for being commoditized. Commoditization isn’t bad if it means that everyone has access to knowledge. That spirit lies is at the heart of DevOps Institute’s Open Testing program. We want to remove the barriers of entry to our certifications for any individual who believes they have acquired the skills, knowledge, ideas and learning (SKIL) to pass one of our certification examinations. Certifications are a source of pride and accomplishment that shows that an individual learned, internalized and studied knowledge. Why it be so wrong to have a whole army of certified professionals that share a common language, common practices and a common mission?
Under the Open Testing program, individuals can purchase and schedule online-proctored DevOps Institute certification examinations directly through DevOps Institute or through a participating Global Education Partner. There are no prerequisites to taking any of the examinations.
Examinations now available for Open Testing include:
- DevOps Foundation (https://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/devops-foundation/)
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation (https://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/sre-foundation/)
- DevSecOps Engineering (https://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/devsecops-engineering/)
- DevOps Leader (lhttps://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/devops-leader/)
- DevOps Test Engineering (https://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/devops-test-engineering/)
- Continuous Delivery Architecture (https://devopsinstitute.com/certifications/continuous-delivery-architecture/)
Registered exam candidates will receive the exam requirements document, sample exam and glossary of terms to help them prepare by defining the scope of the examination. Successful candidates will receive a digital badge and certificate from the DevOps Institute acknowledging their achievement.