The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It seems that everyone has questions about it, and for very good reason—GDPR goes into effect May 25. You may be too overwhelmed to even think about developing a knock-out action plan to move your organization toward compliance, or maybe you’ve had your head in the sand. CA Technologies’ Jeff Hughes, senior principal product marketing manager, and DevOps.com founder Alan Shimel recently discussed a number of questions regarding this upcoming legislation and how companies like yours, should prepare for the May deadline.
Here are the Top 10 GDPR questions from their Jan. 11 Live Chat:
- What is GDPR, in a nutshell?
- What is the biggest thing that companies need to know about GDPR, especially those companies outside of the European Union?
- What are some of the differences between data privacy in the United States and data privacy in the European Union?
- How are companies going to need to structure their communications with end users when discussing their personal data?
- What kinds of tools are needed to address GDPR?
- How prepared for GDPR are companies?
- Will fines for non-compliance be levied?
- How should companies approach GDPR from a management standpoint?
- Do companies need to appoint a data protection officer?
- What strategy is recommended to address GDPR?
GDPR is one of the biggest changes to hit the digital privacy landscape in 20 years. Make sure your organization has a knock-out action plan to prepare for GDPR. Don’t let GDPR give your company the Left Hook!
Links to additional information: