SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Jenkins community, the community of practitioners using open source Jenkins, and lead organizing sponsor CloudBees, Inc., the enterprise Jenkins company and continuous delivery (CD) leader, today announced a full program of add-on training, workshops and the ability to take a Jenkins certification exam for free at the upcoming Jenkins World conference, to be held September 13 – 15 in Santa Clara, CA.
Jenkins Certification Training and Free Certification Exam: September 12-13
This course, delivered by experts from |opensourcearchitect| and Nebulaworks, will prepare attendees for the Jenkins certification exam. It will cover all exam topics and there will also be a series of labs on several subjects addressed throughout the course. Attendees will:
- Learn from Jenkins experts: Both |opensourcearchitect| and Nebulaworks are certified to deliver Jenkins training and teach courses about Jenkins on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare for certification: Get ready for the Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE) and Certified CloudBees Jenkins Platform Engineer (CCJPE) exams.
- Take the training, then stick around for the conference: Jenkins World offers 50 sessions across a variety of topics and skill levels.
- Take a free certification exam: Offered at convenient times throughout the conference, and free, as long as you sign up for it at the time of conference registration.
Fundamentals of Jenkins Pipeline and Docker Training: September 12
This course is an introduction to the Pipeline plugin, used in combination with Docker. Following an overview of Pipeline and Docker, participants will:
- Learn about the need for Pipeline: Understand key use cases, structure/syntax and execution control.
- See how to prepare Docker environments: Get exposure to key Docker tools and learn how to create a deployment lifecycle with Pipeline and Docker.
- Gain hands-on experience: Watch and learn, live, as you work on two actual projects with Pipeline and Docker experts.
Workshops: September 13
- The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit Workshop
This workshop will cover the entire microservices development lifecycle, from architecture design through to production and beyond.
- Let’s Build a Jenkins Pipeline!
Jenkins Pipeline is a game-changing way to write automation jobs with Jenkins. Come learn how.
- Preparing for Jenkins Certification
Assess your readiness for the Jenkins certification exam.
- Introduction to Plugin Development
This workshop will introduce developers to the Jenkins plugin ecosystem and terminology, as well as identify the developer resources available.
- CD and DevOps Maturity Workshop for Managers
In this workshop, we will review the definition of DevOps, its relationship to continuous delivery (CD) and explore a simple, lightweight model for measuring organizational DevOps maturity.
Thanks to the leading technology vendors who are supporting the Jenkins community by sponsoring Jenkins World. Sponsors include: CloudBees, the premier sponsor and lead organizer, joined by: BlazeMeter, Red Hat, Codenvy, cPrime, JFrog, Sauce Labs, SOASTA, Sonatype, Black Duck Software, Cisco, GerritForge, IncrediBuild, MacStadium, Perforce, XebiaLabs, Infostretch, Mobile Labs, OpenMake Software, pCloudy, Perfecto Mobile, Rainforest QA, Site24x7, Undo Software and ZeroStack.
Training Partners include: |opensourcearchitect| and Nebulaworks.
Media sponsors include: DevOps.com, DZone, PAN Communications, TechTarget SearchSoftwareQuality and TechTarget TheServerSide.com.
Additional Resources for Jenkins World 2016
- Visit the Conference Website:
- View the Conference Agenda:
- Learn More About Training and Certification at Jenkins World:
- Win a Free Pass to Jenkins World:
- Register for Jenkins World:
About Jenkins and the Jenkins Community
Jenkins is the leading open source automation server supported by a large and growing community of developers, testers, designers and other people interested in continuous integration, continuous delivery and other modern software delivery practices. Built on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it provides more than 1,200 plugins that extend Jenkins to automate with practically any technology software delivery teams use.
The Jenkins community advocates the use of Jenkins to the global development community, serving as a central source for tutorials, forums and other helpful resources for Jenkins users of all experience levels. By recognizing the numerous contributors to the Jenkins project, the project creates and fosters a community-powered infrastructure for maintaining and further developing Jenkins. You can follow the Jenkins community on Twitter (@JenkinsCI).
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com), the Enterprise Jenkins Company, is the continuous delivery (CD) leader. CloudBees provides solutions that enable DevOps teams to respond rapidly to the software delivery needs of the business. Building on the strength of Jenkins, the world’s most popular open source continuous delivery hub and ecosystem, the CloudBees Jenkins Platform provides a wide range of CD solutions that meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises. The CloudBees Jenkins Platform supports many of the world’s largest and most business-critical deployments. Follow CloudBees onTwitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.