New Capability Makes DevOps Easy to Rapidly Bring Products to Market
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2017 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company empowering customer engagement at the world’s leading enterprises, today announced the availability of Pega® Deployment Manager, a no-code, model-driven capability that enables businesses to accelerate the deployment of new applications and software updates. Now organizations can jumpstart their stalled DevOps initiatives to reduce time to market and lower operating costs while continuously disrupting their industries.
In the age of instant consumer gratification, businesses are turning to DevOps to catch up to more nimble competitors and transform into real-time application deployment machines. But most development organizations quickly become overwhelmed with the numerous new tools, specialized skills, and cultural shifts needed to be DevOps proficient. As a result, they remain stuck in the early stages of DevOps maturity or don’t know how or where to start. Meanwhile, more agile enterprises continuously release new software and features to meet the latest customer demands, leaving the competition behind.
Now available in Pega® Platform, Pega Deployment Manager helps organizations kickstart their DevOps efforts and immediately drive continuous integration, deployment, and delivery (CI/CD) for their Pega applications. Pega Deployment Manager guides teams through all stages of agile deployment – from unit testing and packaging, to staging and testing – into a consolidated visual roadmap driven by proven best practices. Without any coding, DevOps-enabled teams can progress new apps and capabilities to the next stage in the pipeline with a single click, making it simple and easy to bring software into production.
Rooted in Pega’s 30-year leadership in no-code application development, Pega Deployment Manager makes DevOps accessible for any organization that wants to:
- Speed time to market with out-of-the-box, automated DevOps – Pega provides a built-in DevOps pipeline that automates CI/CD for organizations starting their DevOps journeys. Developers can check-in, test, and deploy updates to their Pega apps with just a push of a button. All the heavy lifting happens automatically, in the background, with no coding required. This allows organizations to overcome skills deficiencies, reduce manual errors, and continuously ship better software faster with less effort and at lower costs.
- Manage application delivery in a single view – The unified dashboard brings together all DevOps best practices – including all associated tools – in a single visual dashboard. Businesses can track progress of their application builds through the CI/CD pipeline from development to production.
- Tap into the power of third-party, industry-standard DevOps tools – Pega’s open DevOps approach allows seamless integration with Jenkins, jFrog, Gradle, and other best-of-breed DevOps tools. As an organization’s DevOps skills mature, they can easily overlay industry standard tools on top of Pega Deployment Manager, ensuring Pega can grow and extend along with the organization’s capabilities and needs.
Pega Platform, the industry-leading application development platform, connects existing systems to drive superior customer engagement and operational excellence. It combines case management, BPM, robotic automation, AI and decisioning, mobile, and omni-channel UX on a unified platform. Pega Platform’s no-code development environment results in faster deployments, quicker iterations, and reduced development costs.
Pega Deployment Manager is now available in the latest version of Pega Platform. For more information on Pega’s DevOps offerings please visit: www.pega.com/topics/devops
Quotes & Commentary
“We’re hearing from more and more organizations that are eager to implement DevOps methods but can’t get their initiatives off the ground – particularly from established businesses with long-entrenched processes,” said Leo Hart, vice president, development operations, Pegasystems. “Pega now makes DevOps even more accessible to the horses, not just the unicorns. Pega Deployment Manager simplifies the learning curve so that businesses can react quickly and deliver continuous innovation that their customers demand.”
- Product background: Unleash Business Agility with Pega DevOps
- Webinar: DevOps 101 – What to Know and Where to Begin
- Product background: Pega Platform
Pegasystems Inc. is the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected software – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empowers people to rapidly deploy, and easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 30-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and BPM, powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s leading brands achieve breakthrough business results. For more information on Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) visit http://www.pega.com.