- Tell us a little about your organization: Based in Zurich, we offer consulting and training services since almost 20 years. We see ourselves as an independent enabler for the digital transformation, helping our customers getting fit for the digital age. To this end, we use the ‘Glenfis Principle’ – a holistic approach that, alongside theoretical knowledge, attaches particular importance to the mediation of practical skills (competence), which can be used to successfully and lastingly deploy this knowledge in the company or organisation (Implementation).
- What other topics do you teach or consult on? Topics include:
– Cloud & Sourcing
– Lean, Agile & DevOps
– Value Chain Service Models
– Training and Awareness (Cloud, ISO, ITIL, Cobit, Security, Agile, DevOps)
– Security & Cyber Resilience
– Change Enablement
- What type of interest in DevOps are you seeing in your region? As everywhere the interest of DevOps is rapidly growing, in Switzerland this in not different. For many it’s really to understand in a first step what DevOps is about and why it is relevant for them. In Switzerland we deal a lot with financial institutes with a high level of legacy and regulations, the question is often how to apply DevOps practices in such an environment.
- How do you think that DevOps contributes to the business’ value stream? DevOps is all about getting faster and better and this is how it positively influences the value stream. And DevOps does it in a holistic way by looking at the value stream end-to-end, from idealization to $$$.
- What topic area in DevOps excites you the most? Dev’s and Ops’ finally talking to each other!
- Why should enterprises and individuals consider formal DevOps Training? Before starting any change initiative, it is paramount that everybody gets a common understanding. This is especially true for DevOps, as it includes a wide range of Agile, Lean and ITSM practices. A training or special awareness sessions definitely facilitates this.