MVIS 1.3 opens the API economy and the cloud, giving customers free access to powerful new functionality required by development teams for creating apps that are available 24x7x365
WALTHAM, Mass. – March 11, 2021
- Rocket® MultiValue Integration Server (MVIS) 1.3 empowers developer teams to leverage modern languages and frameworks to access MultiValue data and business logic, allowing enterprises to join and thrive in the API economy and the cloud
- Rocket MVIS 1.3 enables teams to modernize and innovate their environments without replatforming
- Rocket MVIS 1.3 comes loaded with new, cloud-ready features with 24x7x365 connectivity that deliver an optimized experience while minimizing the total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Rocket MVIS 1.3 is now free-of-charge to Rocket UniVerse and UniData® customers on maintenance
Rocket Software, a global technology leader that develops enterprise modernization and optimization solutions for Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies, today released version 1.3 of the new Rocket MultiValue Integration Server (MVIS) and announced that MVIS is now available at no cost to maintenance partners and customers on the Rocket UniVerse and UniData® components of the MultiValue application platform.
Rocket® MVIS 1.3 empowers teams to leverage modern languages and frameworks to access MultiValue data and business logic, allowing enterprises to join and thrive in the API economy and the cloud. With this release, customers on the latest versions of UniVerse and UniData now gain access free of charge to powerful new functionality required by development teams with a low-code/no-code approach that is cloud-ready and provides users with round-the-clock connectivity.
“Across every industry and geography, Rocket customers power the global economy,” said P. Gary Gregory, President, Database & Connectivity Business Unit, Rocket Software. “With MVIS 1.3, our customers can build on their investment and augment their environments with the latest technology, which can now live side-by-side with the existing MV application.”
Rocket MVIS can help enterprises extend business opportunities, attract and retain younger developers, and get products to market faster while minimizing Total Cost of Ownership with flexible and efficient deployment options.
By empowering developers to quickly and easily create RESTful APIs, MVIS is the path forward for enterprises powered by Rocket MultiValue to continue creating legendary outcomes. The latest release offers new features for modernizing the development and deployment of existing MV applications as well as developing new ones.
Additional features of the new MVIS 1.3 include:
- New licensing and pricing – free to existing customers using Rocket UniVerse and UniData on maintenance programs
- Cloud-ready low-code/no-code approach
- Support for vanity URLs for segmenting and managing access to application and data to meet business requirements
- Auto Swagger definitions for easily understandable API explanations
- Support of OAuth to allow APIs to integrate with third-party authentication providers and authorization servers such as Auth0 and Okta, ensuring seamless integration with enterprise application security configurations
- Decreased TCO with flexible and efficient deployment options
“The Rocket suite of tools has answered all my needs,” said Geoff Bishop, Engagement Manager, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle. “Python is meeting the requirements of a maturing workforce, and we’re doing quite a lot of modernization with this and MVIS as a combined technology stack. The MV platform continues to evolve to meet our business challenges and technical needs, making it the logical choice to modernize.”
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software empowers organizations to create legendary impact in the world through innovation in legacy technologies. With deep expertise in IBM Z, IBM Power, and database and connectivity solutions, Rocket provides solutions that power tens of thousands of global businesses, solving real problems and making real-world impact. Rocket is a privately held U.S. corporation headquartered in the Boston area with centers of excellence strategically located throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.