New On-Premises Support for Streaming Analytics with Real-Time Digital Twins Offers a Full Suite of Analytics and Visualization Tools with Complete Infrastructure Control
BELLEVUE, Wash – April 6, 2021 – ScaleOut Software today released the on-premises version of its ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service™ with all of the analytics and visualization tools available from its Azure-hosted cloud version. Called ScaleOut StreamServer® DT, this new software solution lets organizations develop and deploy streaming analytics applications on servers hosted within their infrastructure. This deployment model overcomes potential security and performance concerns associated with cloud-hosted services and can simplify the integration of real-time streaming analytics into existing on-premises architectures.
With innovative support for the “real-time digital twin” model, ScaleOut StreamServer DT offers a breakthrough approach to streaming analytics. Real-time digital twins enable applications to analyze data in motion in milliseconds from thousands of data sources. They also maintain dynamic, contextual information about each data source to enable deeper introspection. In addition, ScaleOut Software’s in-memory, streaming analytics platform continuously aggregates and visualizes analytics results from real-time digital twins to identify emerging trends and boost situational awareness. This new technique offers the potential to fundamentally change the way industries like telematics, security monitoring, healthcare, logistics, retail, and financial services process live data streams and make critical decisions in the moment.
“We are excited to extend the reach of our real-time streaming analytics platform by adding an on-premises version of our Azure cloud service,” said Dr. William Bain, ScaleOut Software’s CEO and founder. “It was essential that we deliver all of the industry-leading visualization features and capabilities from our ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service, while enabling organizations to have complete infrastructure control with ScaleOut StreamServer DT.”
Benefits of ScaleOut StreamServer DT
Key benefits of ScaleOut StreamServer DT include:
- Secure Control of All Software and Hardware Resources: To meet their specific security requirements, many organizations cannot take advantage of public cloud-hosted software services. Because ScaleOut StreamServer DT runs on virtual or physical servers controlled by the organization, it overcomes this key security limitation.
- High Performance: Performance-sensitive applications need to minimize the delay in processing messages from their data sources. By avoiding Internet delays in communicating with a cloud-hosted service and running in close proximity to data sources, ScaleOut StreamServer DT can deliver streaming analytics results with the best possible performance.
- Ease of Integration: ScaleOut StreamServer DT offers significant new capabilities for analyzing incoming telemetry from data sources in real time instead of waiting for offline, batch analytics. Organizations that currently host on-premises big data platforms, but lack real-time streaming analytics, can easily expand their in-house architectures to incorporate ScaleOut StreamServer DT and boost their capabilities.
- Advanced Container Technology: To simplify deployment of its graphical user interface and visualization tools, ScaleOut StreamServer DT also uses highly modular and portable container technology. This technology enables fast installation on commodity servers.
- Deploying Real-Time Digital Twins On-Premises with ScaleOut StreamServer DT Blog Post
- ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service Product Page
About ScaleOut Software
Founded in 2003, ScaleOut Software develops leading-edge software that delivers scalable, highly available, in-memory computing and streaming analytics technologies to a wide range of industries. ScaleOut Software’s in-memory computing platform enables operational intelligence by storing, updating, and analyzing fast-changing, live data so that businesses can capture perishable opportunities before the moment is lost. It has offices in Bellevue, Washington and Beaverton, Oregon.