The countdown is on! Jenkins World 2017 is coming to downtown San Francisco, Aug. 28-31, for the annual opportunity to learn about all things Jenkins, DevOps and continuous delivery. This year’s event will be held at the Marriott Marquis and will bring together approximately 2,000 Jenkins users, comprised of Jenkins experts, IT executives, DevOps practitioners and partners from all over the world. The event is led and sponsored by CloudBees, the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, and will offer attendees opportunities to learn, explore and network, while shaping the future of Jenkins.
As a special offer to DevOps.com readers, we are offering a discounted registration. Use the promotional code JWDEVOPSCUST during your Jenkins World registration and get 20 percent off!
Need more convincing? Below are five reasons to attend this year’s Jenkins World:
- Hear keynotes from industry leaders: Kohsuke Kawaguchi, founder of the Jenkins project, kicks off the conference with the opening keynote this year. Other keynotes you won’t want to miss include Sacha Labourey, CEO of CloudBees and Jez Humble, CTO at DevOps Research and Assessment LLC and co-author of “The DevOps Handbook,” “Lean Enterprise” and “Continuous Delivery.” Kohsuke will provide perspective on the dramatic milestones reached in the community this year, while Sacha will provide perspective on how CloudBees and DevOps are transforming industries. Jez will discuss DevOps principles and practices, how to overcome typical obstacles and the results companies are realizing from DevOps initiatives.
- Attend optional training and workshop sessions: Leave Jenkins World a Jenkins master by getting certified and/or learning the fundamentals of Jenkins by attending trainings for the Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE) exam, and the Certified CloudBees Jenkins Platform Engineer (CJPE) exam. There are several other training opportunities and a wide range of workshops addressing topics such as pipeline automation, Docker, Blue Ocean and more. Maximize the learning opportunities through the options offered early in the week, then stay for the conference and get exposure to another 60+ conference sessions.
- Brush shoulders with the Jenkins stars: Get access to some of the biggest Jenkins experts in the world, attend their sessions and network with them. A sampling of sessions from the Jenkins World agenda includes:
- DevOps Leadership Panel from Dirk Luedtke, SAP; Kolby Allen, WatchGuard; Moied Wahid, PayPal; Stas Zvinyatskovsky, Accenture
- The Ten Commandments of Continuous Delivery from Viktor Farcic, senior consultant at CloudBees
- How We Do DevOps at Rosetta Stone from Kevin Burnett, DevOps lead at Rosetta Stone
- Azure DevOps Open Source Integrations from Arun Chandrasekhar, senior program manager at Microsoft
- You also won’t want to miss the ever-popular Ask the Experts booth, where Jenkins experts from around the globe address your specific issues and questions on the spot. You’ll return from the conference armed with a solution to that vexing issue you have been trying to solve!
- Visit a variety of vendors: At the expanded Sponsor Expo you can check out a range of technologies that integrate with Jenkins as well as DevOps services provided by experts. Check out the booth swag and make sure to check out the news coming from the vendors.
- Meet the Butler and snap a selfie: You may have seen the Butler on his wild social media adventures recently, but at Jenkins World you’ll have the chance to meet him in person. Don’t forget to snap a pic with him at the social media booth and share with your friends. There will also be Flat Jenkins floating around beforehand—stay tuned to social media (specifically #JenkinsWorld on Twitter) to see where he lands before Jenkins World!
All of this and so much more awaits you at Jenkins World. Go register now! Use this code JWDEVOPSCUST and get 20 percent off your conference registration.
See you soon!
About the Author / André Pino
André brings more than 20 years of experience in high technology marketing and communications to his role as vice president of marketing at CloudBees. He has experience in several enterprise software markets including application development tools, middleware, manufacturing and supply chain, enterprise search and software quality and testing tools. André has particular expertise in working with the executive teams of enterprise software companies to create unique competitive positioning, build pipeline and establish sustainable market leadership. Prior to joining CloudBees, he served as principal analyst serving technology marketers at Forrester Research. He has also held a number of senior management positions in marketing and communications with companies such as Segue Software, Hewlett-Packard, Unisys Corp. and Bluestone Software. André holds a BS from Eastern University.