VersionOne Enables Program Boards, PI Planning, and WSJF Ranking to Align with the Scaled Agile Framework®
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 22, 2016
VersionOne, the independent leader in agile lifecycle management, today announced its Spring 2016 Release to help organizations successfully scale agility with SAFe and DevOps. New features in VersionOne Lifecycle that directly support SAFe include: a new Program Board for coordinating across teams and visualizing cross-team dependencies; interactive, multi-team Program Increment (PI) Planning capabilities; and Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) Ranking. In addition, VersionOne Continuum™ for DevOps now includes the ability to view a graphical timeline of work item history and a visual depiction of the development, test, and stage phases of a DevOps product workflow.
VersionOne’s Spring 2016 Release includes the following:
- Program Board – Coordinate efforts and visualize cross-team dependencies at the portfolio item level across each iteration in a release. These visualizations help teams avoid risks and costly delays that often result from unforeseen dependencies with other teams.
- PI Planning – Plan complex, multi-team releases on a single screen with flexible, interactive team assignment and context sensitive filtering of backlog items during large-scale planning sessions.
- WSJF Ranking – Rank portfolio items, epics, features, and capabilities based on the cost of delay. The cost of delay algorithm is based on estimated business value, risk reduction, time criticality, and effort.
- DeliveryStream – Give teams the ability to trigger pre-configured Continuum actions within Lifecycle work items.
- Continuum Product Workflow – Define the workflow for any product that is defined in Continuum and visualize the development phases.
- Continuum Work Item History Visualization – See a visual representation of all the steps and automation a particular work item has participated in, all in a single place.
- ALM Connect™ – Connect VersionOne to the world’s most popular application lifecycle management (ALM) systems and manage the integrations from one intuitive, web-based interface. ALM Connect ensures visibility and coordination across today’s complex development processes and heterogeneous environments.
“While agile adoption continues to grow, ensuring successful large-scale agile implementations can be challenging without the right framework, solutions, and services,” said VersionOne CEO and Co-founder Robert Holler. “The Spring Release is further proof of our ongoing commitment to helping our customers successfully scale across the entire software delivery value stream.”
Learn more about the VersionOne Spring 2016 Release.
VersionOne is a recognized leader and visionary in agile lifecycle management software and services. Our mission is to help companies envision and deliver great software. Our promise is to promote and serve the best interests of the agile software development community with respect and humility. Every day, we work hard to make a difference in our community and with our customers.
Today, more than 50,000 teams at 1,000 companies, including 33 of the Fortune 100, use our solutions to help scale their agile initiatives faster, easier, and smarter. Whether a small team just starting out with agile or a global enterprise scaling agile, VersionOne customers get the best solutions in the industry backed by the pioneers in agile lifecycle management. VersionOne has offices in Atlanta and in Amsterdam.
VersionOne is a registered trademark and ALM Connect and Continuum are trademarks of VersionOne Inc. Scaled Agile Framework and SAFe are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.