Easily Build Microservices and Applications On Top of Zoho’s Deep Stack Cloud
Austin, Texas — October 17, 2019 — Zoho Corporation, a global, privately held company that offers the most comprehensive suite of business software applications in the industry, today announced the release of Catalyst, the company’s visionary cloud platform-as-a-service. Catalyst is a simply designed but extremely powerful offering that allows developers to run and create microservices and applications for their custom solutions. As objectives and challenges evolve for businesses, the ability to tailor operating systems, services,and apps to meet their unique requirements is critical. Zoho is able to offer developers this level of deep, cross-platform integration and abstraction because of the company’s decades-long investment in its global infrastructure, which spans over a dozen data centers across five continents.
Catalyst also leverages Zoho’s unified technology stack, which has been built from the ground up and entirely in-house. Using Catalyst, developers can access the same underlying services and framework that powers Zoho’s 45+ applications used by more than 45 million users around the world. Zoho’s Catalyst is completely serverless, allowing developers to run code without worrying about DevOps, leading to better, scalable solutions for business of all sizes.
“Fewer than a handful of other technology companies can offer this level and depth of service because of the sprawling infrastructure it requires,” said Raju Vegesna, Zoho’s Chief Evangelist.”Because ofthis, we’re in a unique position to offer developers such a powerful platform on which to build custom solutions that in turn address the diverse needs of businesses around the world.”
Developer Enablement Capabilities
- Zoho’s Unified Data Model enables developers to easily access data from Zoho applications as well as hundreds of third-party apps.
- Using Catalyst, developers can remotely access APIs for every service.
- Catalyst also offers a robust Command Line Interface (CLI) as well as Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
Platform Level Services
- Serverless Functions. Zoho’s Catalyst runs your code without requiring you to provision or manage servers.
- Zia. Utilizing Zoho’s AI engine, Catalyst opens up machine-learning services for developers, including OCR, anomaly detection, sentiment analysis, and prediction builder.
- Mobile App Development. Catalyst provides powerful SDKs, so developers can create fully customizable mobile applications.
Security + Privacy
- Developers using Catalyst inherent Zoho’s dedication to privacy and security, which includes GDPR compliance, as well as ISO 27001 and SOC Type II certifications.
- Using Catalyst, developers can also take advantage of Zoho’s identity and access-management framework, which secures the accounts of all Zoho users.
- Developers can leverage granular, role-based access controls and multi-factor authentication.
With 45+ apps in nearly every major business category, including sales, marketing, customer support, accounting and back office operations, and an array of productivity and collaboration tools, ZohoCorporation is one of the world’s most prolific software companies.
Zoho is privately held and profitable with more than 7,000 employees. Zoho is headquartered in Austin, Texas with international headquarters in Chennai, India. Additional offices are in Pleasanton, California (U.S.); Renigunta, India; Tenkasi, India; Yokohama, Japan; Beijing, China; Singapore; Queretaro, Mexico; Byron Bay, Australia; Utrecht, Netherlands; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Zoho respects user privacy and does not have an ad-revenue model in any part of its business, including its free products. More than 45 million users around the world, across hundreds of thousands of companies, rely on Zoho every day to run their businesses, including Zoho itself.For more information, please visit www.zoho.com.