With Latest Release, AlertSite is the Only Comprehensive API Monitoring Platform to Quickly and Easily Monitor Performance, Availability, and Functional Correctness of APIs in Real-time
SOMERVILLE, Mass. – May 3, 2018 – SmartBear, the leader in software quality tools for teams, has introduced several new API Monitoring capabilities in AlertSite, a market leader in performance monitoring for web, mobile, and APIs. AlertSite transformed web monitoring with the introduction of Déjà-Click to enable the rapid creation of monitors for websites and web applications, and now AlertSite is transforming how teams monitor their APIs by introducing the most comprehensive platform for API Monitoring. The new API Monitoring capabilities in AlertSite enable operations, DevOps, and development teams to gain unparalleled end-to-end visibility into API performance, availability, and functional correctness in real-time, across production, staging, and engineering environments.
As APIs increasingly serve as the foundation for digital transformation, the need to ensure these APIs are highly reliable and performant is critical, which has resulted in the rapid adoption of API Monitoring tools. However, there are several challenges with existing API Monitoring tools that often prevent teams from being able to gain the visibility they need into the real-time health of their APIs.
First, the complexity of APIs can make it overly complex and time-consuming to create API Monitors. Second, most API Monitoring tools only provide basic insights into whether an API is up or down, but do not provide sufficient visibility into functional correctness or performance. Third, most API Monitoring tools blast false alerts several times a day, which often results in real alerts being missed. Finally, API updates are released more frequently than ever as a result of microservices growth, and monitors often require extensive re-work to prevent blind spots as APIs change.
AlertSite has taken a different approach to addressing the needs of operations, DevOps, and development teams who need end-to-end visibility into the real-time health of their APIs. With the new API Monitoring capabilities in AlertSite, teams can:
- Instantly create API Monitors in a way that matches their operational cadence and technical skillset: If embracing DevOps and the Shift Left, simply upload existing OpenAPI Specification (OAS) files. If running a rapid release cadence that doesn’t leave time to re-work monitors when APIs change, simply upload existing SoapUI test scripts. If teams are not highly technical, simply leverage an intuitive point-and-click wizard.
- Gain end-to-end visibility by monitoring a sequence of related API calls, where information must be passed from one API call to another to complete an API transaction
- Define granular, targeted alerting to ensure the right people receive alerts for different errors, steps, APIs, and different calls within a chained API transaction
- Trust that the alerts are real with a powerful set of validation checks, such as retrying the run from another location to ensure there are never any false alarms
- Monitor both public and private APIs through the AlertSite global network and private nodes either in the data center or from remote locations
“We’re thrilled to continue innovating to provide new API Monitoring capabilities in the AlertSite platform,” said Anand Sundaram, VP of Products, Performance Testing & Monitoring at SmartBear. “We’ve made it painless and simple to get real-time insights into the performance, availability, and functional correctness of your APIs, coupled with the flexibility to create API monitors through native capabilities like endpoint and multi-step monitor creation, as well as SoapUI test scripts and OAS definition reuse.”
In addition to the new API Monitoring capabilities in AlertSite, SmartBear continues to invest in supporting the growing API economy with tools that manage the entire API Lifecycle. The SmartBear API Lifecycle product line includes open source tools such as Swagger and SoapUI, SwaggerHub for designing, developing, and documenting APIs using the OAS, Swagger Inspector for testing and instantly generating OAS files for any API, SoapUI Pro for automated API functional testing on REST and SOAP services, LoadUI Pro for API load testing, and ServiceV Pro for API and database virtualization.
For more information on the new API Monitoring capabilities in AlertSite, join the webinar, “Trailblazing the API Monitoring Landscape,” on Wednesday, May 16, 2018. Sign up at:
About SmartBear Software
Supporting more than six million software professionals and over 22,000 companies in 194 countries, SmartBear is the leader in software quality tools for teams. The company’s products help deliver the highest quality and best performing software possible while helping teams ship code at nearly impossible velocities. With products for API testing, UI testing, code review and performance monitoring across mobile, web and desktop applications, SmartBear equips every development, testing and operations team member with the tools to ensure quality at every stage of the software cycle. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or for the SmartBear community, go to: LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
All trademarks recognized.