DevOps.com will be live from IBM’s InterConnect conference in Las Vegas all next week. You can expect a pretty steady stream of updates in all forms of media. We will be posting articles, live blogging, tweeting, podcasting and even broadcasting video throughout the week. So if you can’t make it out to Vegas, you can follow along here on DevOps.com
Whether you are going to Vegas or following along from home, I wanted to give you my picks for the top DevOps related content at InterConnect next week. Here are my top picks:
- Well I would be remiss if I didn’t start-off with my own panel which I am moderating. I am joined by Michael Azoff from Ovum, Dan Berg of IBM, Raghunath Ragman of Kaiser Permanente and Gene Kim. The topic is what will DevOps look like in 3-5 years. It should be a great discussion.
- Right before my panel is another great panel on DevOps and multi-speed IT. That panel features my friend Carme DeArdo of Nationwide, Hayden Lindsey and Sanjeev Sharma of IBM, Brad Schick of Skytap and Tapabrata Pal of Capital One. That is an all star cast and it should be a great discussion.
- Both of the above panels are on Wednesday, the keynote on Wednesday morning looks like another great one. It features IBM VPs Angel Diaz and David Linquist, Gene Kim, Tapabrata Pal of Capital One, Sam Ramji of the Cloud Foundry Foundation and John LeFreniere of Hertz. The topic is Innovate Like a Startup and Scale for the Enterprise.
- Talking about innovation like a startup and scaling like an enterprise, a different kind of session is the workshop that Sanjeev Sharma and Mustafa Kapadia, two of my friends at IBM are putting on. I have seen these two conduct this workshop before and it really is a great experience to help in your DevOps journey.
- Bluemix Garage Method on the Expo floor. There is a large DevOps Zone on the expo floor and there is also a full set up with the Bluemix Garage Method. We have featured the Bluemix Garage method in a few articles before. If you are not familiar with it you should check it out as it really represents lessons learned on IBM’s own DevOps journey.
Well those are my top 5 but it is hard to pick from over 200 DevOps related sessions. There are 3 and half days chocked full of learning here, so this barely scratches the surface. Not to mention an Elton John and/or Pitbull concert Wednesday night thrown in.
If you want to see more can’t miss DevOps activities at InterConnect below is a YouTube that has all of the above and more. If you are going to InterConnect look for us and say hi. If not you can read, hear and see all about it right here.