We are very happy to announce that we will be hosting DevOps Connect: SecOps Edition at RSA Conference on Monday, April 20, 2015. It will take place at the Moscone Center and is sponsored by RSA Conference.
What is DevOps Connect? Great question. DevOps Connect is the new name for the Camp DevOps brand we have run here at DevOps.com. We felt that Camp DevOps sounded too much … well, like a camp. DevOps Connect is so much more. We will hold DevOps Connect events at existing conferences such as this one at RSA Conference, as well as standalone events in cities around the globe.
DevOps Connect: SecOps edition will be focused on DevOps and security’s role in the software development lifecycle. The agenda, sessions and speakers will be chosen by our program committee. I am very happy to report that the committee is chaired by Josh Corman and Gene Kim, with the assistance of myself and Mark Miller, organizer of theNexus community. A formal call for speakers will be announced shortly.
We anticipate over 7 hours of sessions followed by the 2nd annual DevOps wining, not whining happy hour brought to you by Sonatype, IT Revolution Press and DevOps.com at a location to be announced.
Full details are on the DevOps Connect website, but there some bullet points:
- Admission is free to all RSA badge holders, regardless of level. However you must pre-register for the event when you register for RSA Conference.
- At the DevOps Connect website there is a code to save $100 dollars on an RSA Conference full conference pass.
- We are limited to 600 attendees, so pre-registration is a must if you want to guarantee you are admitted. Attendance and registration is on and is on a first come first serve basis
- Sessions will feature keynotes (Gene Kim will deliver one), panel discussions and multi-track topics.
- DevOps Connect will be at Moscone West on Monday of RSA week.
- Sessions and presentations will be focused on real world experiences from practitioners.
RSA Conference is where the premier infosec event in the world and we think a perfect venue for DevOps Connect: SecOps Edition. So if you are planning on attending RSA Conference you don’t want to miss what promises to be a great DevOps event!
If after visiting the DevOps Connect website you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will update the website with more information as it becomes available.