In my previous article, I noted that as part of our COVID-19 response MediaOps has spun up TechStrong TV, a daily video stream. Additionally, we are hosting our biggest virtual event to date, TechStrong Con, for 12 hours strong on June 4. We want to make TechStrong Con our biggest, best virtual event to date. We want to show that while we may be working from home battling this terrible virus and dealing with economic upheaval, the tech industry is unbowed. We collaborate, we communicate. We develop, we deploy. We are strong, #techstrong.
I know what you are thinking: Hmm, another virtual event, joy. Just what we need. Yeah, I am with you—it does seem like everyone and their mother are putting on virtual events, or at least calling what they are doing virtual events. But really, this one is different. Here is why:
- The speaker lineup is extraordinary. John Willis has handpicked the speakers in the main room auditorium. The lineup is not final yet but already includes an amazing mix:Seriously, this is a blockbuster lineup of speakers. In addition, there will be multiple auditoriums as well as the main stage, all with great speakers. One of the advantages of a virtual event is you don’t have to miss one speaker if two great talks are going on at the same time. The sessions will stream live at their given time and be available on-demand.
- There will be chat rooms built into the event itself. Many of the speakers will be available live in the chat rooms after their sessions to answer questions or chat with attendees.
- The event will be 12 hours chock full of all kinds of tech learning, networking opportunities and a chance to escape the bad news.
- A job board will be available for companies looking to hire and those looking for work.
- A portion of sponsor proceeds (it’s free to attend) will be donated to COVID-19-related charities.
The whole event will take place in our state-of-the-art virtual environment, which we have been steadily improving for the past 24 months. This really is one event you don’t want to miss. Also, if you are interested in sponsoring or speaking, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay healthy. Stay strong.